The Clubs No.1 rule is for you to enjoy yourself. To maximise enjoyment to everyone, we encourage the following behaviour:
- Arrive early on Saturday to assist the Captain in assigning groups
- The Club practices ‘Ready Golf’, i.e. take your hit when you are ready to go. An exception to Ready golf may apply during Match Play.
- Mark your ball so that you can identify it.
- Hit ONLY when golfers ahead of you are out of range.
- Stand still and facing other golfers while they are hitting.
- Watch where all balls go to avoid time spent looking for lost balls.
- Yell the warning “FORE!” if your ball is heading toward another golfer.
- Player furthest from the hole usually plays first but golfers out of range of the group in front can play first, if ready.
- Walk briskly between shots and be ready to play when it is your turn.
- Keep pace with the group in front of you at all times.
- Assist playing partners when needed by bringing clubs, finding lost balls, etc.
- Avoid pulling buggies across the green and park buggies near the next hole.
- Repair your divots (Carry a sand bucket)
- Repair your pitch marks.
- Rake the camel grass
- Avoid stepping on another player’s putting line.
- Mark your ball if it is in the path of another player’s ball.
- Record all scores on the next tee.
We hate slow play. The ladies club hates it even more. If the Captain does not berate you, the ladies members will.
- Be ready to hit when it is your turn.
- Limit practice swings to one or none.
- Take plenty of clubs with you to your ball when leaving your bag or riding cart.
- Consider all options as you approach your ball to make decisions quickly.
- Watch all balls until they stop rolling to avoid lengthy searches.
- Use a fixed object as a reference point.
- All players should go directly to their own ball and play when ready.
- If you do fall behind, let faster groups play through.
- Continue putting until holed out unless you would be standing on someone’s putting line.
- Pick up during PAR or Stableford rounds
The Captain has the right to enforce his opinion, no matter how ridiculous it is!
- All drops must be from knee height
- Ball must land in and come to rest in relief area
- Hitting unattended flagstick is allowed when putting
- Repair of almost any damage to green now allowed
- No penalty for accidental movement of ball or ball marker on green
- No penalty for ball if accidently moved while searching. Replace ball with no penalty.
- Removal of loose impediments in bunker or penalty area now allowed.
- Touching line of play on green now allowed.
Garden beds with some form of tan bark / mulch cover have been nominated by the Committee at Holes 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 10, 16 and 17.
Holes 1 & 10: From the timber sleeper board to the bridge opposite the green. Also, after the bridge to the back of the green.
Holes 7 & 16: The area on the left hand side before, opposite and back of the green.